Satanist Ritual Abuse of Children
A Submission in response to the Office of the Children’s Commissioner
Inquiry into Child Sexual Exploitation in Gangs and Groups (CSEGG)
The author is Dr Linda Stalley BM, BS, MRCP(UK), DRCOG on behalf of the Christian Maranatha Community.
Here’s the essence:
- The abuse of victims is often not disclosed until adulthood – usually because of threat-induced fear – and, in the case of satanist ritual abuse, mind control and programming techniques are used to specifically detach the victims from conscious memory of the events which have taken place.
- The scale of victimisation and abuse by gangs and groups is unknown.
- Satanist Ritual Abuse is an extreme, sadistic, methodical, systematic, sexual, physical, emotional and spiritual form of abuse: orchestrated deliberately in such a way that mind control is established.
- Satanist ritual perpetrator groups are composed of individuals who often have professional jobs in the police, legal and social services and local authority. Satanist groups also frequently include members who are freemasons. There is deliberate intent to have members in different spheres of influence to maximise the security of the group. Many groups have extensions to those in other parts of the nation and even other nations which increases their capacity to control their victims.
- A significant proportion of the children are born into intergenerationally-involved families, and the abuse begins at birth. It is also established that satanist ritual groups prey on children placed in ‘care’ and vulnerable adults, especially those with learning difficulties, in order to use them for ritualistic purposes.
- Inducement of fear is central to satanist ritual abuse and this is used to maintain control of victims.
- For every successful conviction against UK satanist ritual abusers there are almost certainly many more who are never investigated. This is sometimes due to police indifference or lack of competence in investigating such crimes, or due to influence exercised by the abusers over some of the police. Successful convictions took place regarding
- March 2011: Kidwelly, Wales;
- November 1982: Telford, Shropshire;
- July 1987: London;
- August 1990: Worcester;
- July 1992: Liverpool.
- The existence of groups involved in satanist ritual abuse is established in the UK and involves the use of children in systematic abuse and exploitation of the worst possible kind. The nature of the abuse and the deliberate and sophisticated mind-controlling techniques used by perpetrator groups means that victims do not present themselves, and indeed are often unaware of the abuse themselves, until early adulthood. Several specialist therapeutic and support groupings have emerged over the past 20 years to help the survivors of this type of extreme abuse and should be asked to help with the ‘Call for Evidence’.
There is a need for an urgent, thorough and pro-active consideration of the nature and extent of satanist ritual abuse of children, including a review of court cases, police and legal procedure, and meetings with victims.