The toll of tragedy at Gartnavel Sunday Mail Oct 29th 2000
1 & 2. Gary Bryan and Karen Nisbett are the latest suicides in the toll of tragedy at Gartnavel in the last nine years.
3. In April 1991, former model Jeanette McDonald, 37, hanged herself in the hospital toilets, it was her 14th suicide attempt.
4. The same year, nurse Joanne McPherson strangled herself with an electric cable.
5. In January 1992, Joe Gilmartin, 51, from Dumbarton, walked out of Gartnavel and stepped in front of a bus.
6. Three months later musician Joseph Doherty, 30, from Clydebank – another known suicide risk – jumped from the Erskine Bridge –
7. As did Scott Leitch of Dumbarton in March 1993
8. And Allan McIntyre of Balloch that December.
9. In September 1992, Ray Pender, 20, of Alexandria, was found drowned in Loch Lomond.
10. David Wray’s body was found in the Clyde in 1993.
11. In August 1994, Michael Cochran hung himself with a sheet in the hospital.
12. Languages student Victoria Ward, 22, of Harrogate, was found hanging in a shower at the hospital in December 1996.
13. And Debbie Logan, 28, of Knightswood, killed herself 18 months ago after being discharged from Gartnavel.
14. MUM’S ANGER AT SICK SON’S LACES SUICIDE STEPHEN MULLEN (21)
15. 70 year olds Hospital death leap 27.12.98
(I am sure there are a lot more, I shall add as I find!)
- Second hospital in Hell’s Angels scandal
- WARD DRUG SWOOP; Medics and patients run for cover as police
- Lovers killed in crash
- DOCS COULD HAVE SAVED MY STEPHEN; Mum’s blast at medic
- DON’T DO IT MUM; Tragic Derek (6) begged laughing mother not to throw him off 14th floor
- ANGELS MADE OUR LIVES HELL; Ward bullying claims probed
- OPINION; Horrific toll of a policy which failed to care As Policeman Lewis Fulton was stabbed to death
- ANGEL & DEVIL; KNIFE KILLER HID EVIL BEHIND LOOK OF LOVE
The Butcher Of Gartnavel
- BUTCHER OF GARTNAVEL; THE DARK SiDE OF SCOTLAND
- TRIPLE KILLER FREED TO WED; Fury as psycho gets jail leave
- Rampage by triple killer on day out
- SCOTLAND’S MOST EVIL KILLERS IN FREEDOM BID