20 YEARS After His Death, ScotCops Re-Open Kevin McLeod Case.

 Kevin McLeod was just 24-years old when he was found dead in Wick Harbour, back in 1997. It was there almost 20-years-ago that the engaged electrician drowned after suffering severe internal injuries to his abdomen.
The police say that Kevin died after tripping and falling onto a bollard – causing those injuries – but a Fatal Accident Inquiry ended with an open verdict.
But Kevin’s parents believe he was murdered, And over the next 2-decades Hugh and June have written almost 300-letters to Northern Constabulary and Police Scotland – urging the forces to re-investigate their son’s death as a murder inquiry.

A grieving mum from Wick has confronted Scotland’s police boss on live radio, demanding a re-investigation into her son’s death.


3rd Feb 2017





Police assessing Kevin McLeod’s death in Wick in 1997 Feb 2nd 2017

A man’s death in the Highlands 20 years ago is being looked at again by Police Scotland’s specialist crime division.

Kevin McLeod’s body was found in Wick harbour in February 1997. His death was treated as accidental, but his family believe he was murdered.

Northern Constabulary, the force that investigated his death at the time, was criticised for its handling of complaints from Mr McLeod’s family.

Police Scotland said it was assessing information relating to the case.

A spokesperson said: “Officers from specialist crime division are currently assessing the information relating to the death of Kevin McLeod. We continue to engage with the McLeod family and it would be inappropriate to comment further at this time.”

Caithness, Sutherland and Ross MSP, Gail Ross, has asked Police Scotland whether the assessment is to rule out or confirm crime was involved.

The new development in the case follows discussions between the McLeod family and Police Scotland’s chief constable Phil Gormley.

Twenty-four-year-old Mr McLeod’s family have consistently criticised police for not investigating his death as a murder.

In 2007, the Police Complaints Commissioner for Scotland said Northern Constabulary behaved with “institutional arrogance” in the way it handled complaints from Mr McLeod’s parents, Hugh and June McLeod.

It ordered the then chief constable, Ian Latimer, to apologise in person to his relatives, which the senior officer did.

{Above links archived  Page 1 https://archive.is/mksqA   Page 2 https://archive.is/H5RRw}






This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.