I’ve been noticing that Inverness has been being goldificated a lot over the past couple of years.
I have a theory! (Shocker!)
Ya know how Cities have nicknames? For example Aberdeen is known as the Granite City.
I think they are trying to make Inverness the Golden City
I HATE GOLD!! So gonnae QUIT IT?!
- ‘Josephine Tey: Inverness’ ‘Golden Age’ crime writer, Inverness Museum
- Council agree to spend £500,000 on “hideous” gold coat
P & J April 2016
You wouldn’t know unless you visit Inverness a lot or are local but the road that Inverness Retail & Shopping Park is on, is nicknamed the golden mile
“Half of Highland Council applies for £20k pay-off. ABOUT half of Invernesss councillors, including the citys Provost, are queuing up to take a golden handshake”
(top) P & J Sept 5th 2016 (below) P & J Sept 5th 2015 (exactly 1 year apart!)
This is a golden age for guitar man Tony | Inverness “The golden era of the acoustic guitar is next Tuesday,”
- Loch Ness Marathon | The Golden Age of Distance Running
- Am Baile, The Golden Age of Highland Birds
- Golden age for games – Press and Journal
- 2016 Golden Highlander – Railtrail Tours
- New golden age of steam to showcase the Highlands
- Clachnaharry Signal Box: a tiny building from railways Golden Era
New steam trains launched to grace Inverness line “New steam trains launched to grace Inverness … to relive the golden age”