*FOUND* Violent Sex Offender who was on the run from Castle Huntly

BRIAN TRAVERS

Tues 12th july 2016

Police Scotland has confirmed that a prisoner who absconded from Castle Huntly Prison has been found.

Brian Travers (43), who absconded from HMP, Castle Huntly by Dundee last week was traced this morning (Tuesday).

Travers was reported missing at 10am on Friday and police reported that he had connections in the Fife and Edinburgh areas. Source fifetoday


Search continues for sex offender who absconded from prison · 12pm 09/07/16

Police hunt Brian Travers who has escaped from Castle Huntly


Police warning after prisoner goes on the run

Public warned not to approach absconder 8 July 2016

Police have warned the public not to approach a prisoner who has absconded from HMP Castle Huntly.

Sex offender Brian Travers was reported missing from the open prison near Dundee at 10:00 on Friday.

Police Scotland said it is believed the 43-year-old has connections in the Fife and Edinburgh areas.

He was described as being 6ft tall, of slim build, clean shaven and completely bald. No description of his clothing has been issued. source


This would be him then…

Robbers ‘facing life sentences’  28 May, 2002

Two men who indecently assaulted a woman during a “disgusting and violent” robbery have been warned that they could be jailed for life.

Brian Travers and Paul Gargaro attacked a 45-year-old university lecturer in her Edinburgh flat.

In a statement which was read out in court, the victim said that part of her life had been destroyed.

Brian TraversTravers had been freed early from a jail sentence

At the High Court in Edinburgh on Tuesday, Lord Philip continued their case for risk assessment and placed the two men on the sex offenders’ register.

However, he warned them that he was considering imposing life sentences on the duo.

Travers, 29, and Gargaro, 33, who were both homeless, admitted assaulting the woman to her severe injury and robbing and indecently attacking her at her home on 10 February.

Alan Forde, 21, who lived in a hostel, also admitted assaulting and robbing the woman, but not taking part in the sex attack.  

Derek Ogg QC, defending Travers, said the attack was “as disgusting as it was violent and was outrageous”.

His client had been jailed for seven years in 1997 for a sex attack on a 20-year-old American student, but was released last June after serving three-and-a-half years

Read in full   BBCNEWS

 

Advertisements

One thought on “*FOUND* Violent Sex Offender who was on the run from Castle Huntly

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.